Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bangkok, Thailand (Second Edition)

Sawatdee Kha! Greetings from Thailand! I am so thankful for an easy and safe flight here. Words cannot even begin to explain the excitement that I experienced when I first landed at the airport in Bangkok, Thailand. It was like nothing I have ever experienced. I was trembling with excitement and I felt like a little kid as I stepped off the plane to my home for the next year. Along with the excitement came an overwhelming sense of peace--the best feeling in the world. Six friends were waiting for me at the airport and it felt like a reunion seeing their beautiful faces again.

My excitement continued to grow as I became more settled in. As I walked through the ally between my apartment and the school, I smiled and waved at the people working at the food stands and their smiles in return let me know that they remembered me too. Although I was so excited to be here again, nothing can even begin to compare with my excitement of seeing my previous student, Tid. When she was my student, I knew that she was not a Christian and I honestly didn't think she would ever become a Christian because of her devotion to her religion and studies. But I found out that she has accepted Jesus to be her Savior. How exciting is that?! There was something completely different about her and I know only Jesus could make that change. Thank you Jesus for saving her!

It's amazing how easy it has been to adjust back to Thai culture. I feel like I never left. My relationships have picked up right where they left off and I don't feel like I've missed anything. I have already been asked to lead worship for the Sunday night service. I feel such a purpose being here and it's wonderful knowing that I'm exactly where God wants me to be.

Next Wednesday I will begin teaching. I will have 2 classes, but I won't know what level or time I will teach until Monday. Please pray that I would be prepared and ready for this next month of teaching. Thank you all for your prayers and support! I would love to hear from you, so if you want to email me, my email is bethanyeder236@gmail.com

I love you all!

-Bethany
(Sorry, I don't have any pictures yet....hopefully I'll take some soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for photos. Best of luck and prayers (and not in that order!) ~ Hendrick

    ReplyDelete