Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 1 of month 2...success.

First of all I am very sorry because I didn't even take one picture today...but other than that, today was a HUGE success..I don't want to get ahead of myself though.

Yesterday was really exciting for me. First of all, a bunch of our friends from Lad Krabang came to Ladprao to visit us!!!!!! I was so happy because Caitlin and I have missed them very much. It seems like it has been a month since we saw them last, not only a week. We went to the mall and went to Karaoke. Seriously, going to Karaoke with 4 boys is possibly the most hilarious thing I have ever seen/experienced in my life. They literally had no shame. I think that people from all over the mall stopped to see and hear them. I was laughing so hard that I was crying. PLUS all the songs were in Thai, so I didn't even understand what they were saying. Yeah, it was great.

I didn't get home last night until 8 pm and I still had to prepare all of my notes and things for my classes today. I was a little stressed about it, especially since I have a 7 am class and had to get up early. But I am very thankful to say that I got a good night's sleep and was very ready to start my day today.

My first class was amazing. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. It helped that I already knew three of my students from the church. This class is a level 3 class and it is my first time teaching that level, so everything was new to me. But I felt so natural teaching. My students are wonderful. I have 9 in that class and they all seemed really excited about learning. It was a great way to start this session. Three of them had breakfast with me after and I think I'll be spending a lot of time with them!

My 1 pm class was really good too. They were mostly junior high girls. I have 9 in that class too. At first I thought it was going to be a more difficult class, but it turned out to me a lot better than I thought. They were all really shy at first because they are only in level 1 and their English isn't very good, and because they are young, but they quickly warmed up to me and it was a really fun class. Afterwards, I planned so many things that I want to do with them. They want to go bowling, ice skating, eat ice-cream..yeah, I'm really going to like this class. :)

After my 1 pm class, I had the privilege to meet one of my mom and sister's students, Nan. She came all the way to the school just to see me! She isn't even taking a class. I was so excited because I feel like I already knew her, but I didn't! She brought me a ton of desserts and we played games..I was so happy to meet her. Plus she has all these plans to take me places and do things with me. I feel so much better tonight than I did last night because I know so much more about the way my schedule will look and what my classes are like. Thank you all so much for praying!!! I really appreciate you and your consistency in praying for me. 

-Bethany

2 comments:

  1. Hey girlie, Glad to hear you are doing so well, I knew you would. I was reading some of your past blogs, sounds like you are busy, busy, busy. We will continue to pray for you and your ministry here. I remember to pray for you as I get texts from you sister who is using your phone, So your name shows up regularly. Trusting you are growing as you learn to depend on Him. Miss ya.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am praying for you with your school problem I miss you so much and I keep updated with your blogs it is cool how you can type almost every detail about your day tell Caitlin that I said hi to her and I send both of you best wishes from our family


    sincerely, Lilly Casey

    ReplyDelete