Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fruit, fish, and...snakes?

Thai Market
Dragonfruit
SOOO I'm pretty sure that today was one of the best days so far. Since we didn't have to be at SES until 2 again today, we had the morning free, so we decided to do some exploring. We knew that there was a morning market a little ways away, but we weren't exactly sure where it was. So we started walking in the direction and eventually found it. We started walking through and the first part of the market was the food area. There was fresh fish--as in still alive and flopping around everywhere AND these snakes in a bucket. I walked by and it scared me so bad because they were huge and trying to get out of the bucket...yeah, it was definitely a cultural experience. Then we found the fruit and I bought some mini bananas. They're so cute!

Lots of fish
Tiny Bananas!!
Today was my first official day of teaching. I was surprisingly not as nervous as I thought I would be. I only have 4 people in my class. They are from ages 12-23. The class went really smooth and I enjoyed it so much. My students are so sweet. Right before I finished teaching for the day, one of the girls said, "Teacher, will you go to dinner with me?" And I said, "YESSSSS!!!!!!" It was so great because we were encouraged to ask our students if they want to hang out with us, but she beat me to it! :) It totally made my day.

Snakes in a bucket..
For dinner, we went to a nearby food stand and Caitlin and I had noodles. We were eating away with out little chop sticks and realized after a few minutes that they were laughing at us SO much because of our lack of chop stick skill...so they got us a fork..But neither of us wanted to give up, so they tried to teach us, but let me tell you..it's harder than you think. And I even thought I was doing pretty well! Oh well...

So I'm not sure why, but I'm extra tired tonight, so I think I'm gonna head off to bed. I'd love to hear from you! Message me on Facebook, leave a comment on here, or email me! Thanks for praying!

-Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Teacher Bethany! I love it! Girls, we are so excited for you! May the Lord use you richly in the lives of your dear students.

    Yuck!Snakes for dinner?! Have a good night's sleep, Teachers! Praying for you always...
    You are loved,
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete