Thursday, March 14, 2013

The lady who did my massage! 
Well, day 2 is officially over and I am absolutely loving it. Today was awesome! Since we don't start teaching until Monday, today was a "free day" to hang out and have fun. Caitlin and I both planned on sleeping in and she did! But I was awake at 6:30am...I guess that jet lag hit me after all. But it was okay, because I spend the morning talking to friends, doing devotions and skyping my family. It was extremely refreshing. Mid-morning, we got in a van taxi--with the help of Carol to go to the mall and hang out with Pheng (one of Santisuk English School's staff). So, without knowing where we were going, we got in the van and hoped that we were going in the right direction...and that we would know where to get off. On the 20 minute drive there, Caitlin and I were chatting away and soon realized that all of the other people on the van weren't talking at all...so later we asked Pheng about it and she said that it is considered rude to talk in those situations because "other people don't want to know what's going on in your life..." Oops!! haha Our afternoon with Pheng consisted of getting lunch in the food court of the mall (and the mall happens to be like 500 miles long. It is literally the biggest mall I have ever seen in my entire existence)--both Caitlin and I had Pud Thai--and going to this extremely fancy Spa place to get a 2 hour Thai massage. We were both pumped about this! It was fantastic. The ladies that helped us were so sweet--they brought us tea and water--and it seemed like they did as much as they          could to make us feel special...and they sure did! I'm pretty sure that Pheng, Caitlin and I were all close to sleeping when it was finished. When we came home tonight, we were SOO exhausted. We came back on the same van that we arrived in, and both of us struggled not to fall asleep. When we got back, we were super hungry and since we were by ourselves for dinner, we had to figure out how to order food on our own (we have been used to everyone else ordering for us). I'm pretty sure that we walked up and down the street of food stands about 15 times trying to decide what we were going to do. Combining the facts that we were exhausted, starving, and completely incapable of speaking Thai...we were confused. So we finally chose a place to eat and we pointed at some food and they ended up giving us something (we're still not really sure what it was)..but nonetheless we were proud of ourselves. Anyways, I think that's about all of our adventures today! Please remember to pray for us! 


P.S. We do like comments..so if you leave a comment it will make us happy! 

                                                           Random facts about Thailand:
Look how close the wires are!

The telephone wires are so close to the bridge..and I'm scared every time I walk past that I'm going to get electrocuted or something..

The iced coffee is so delicious...and it's so much less expensive than at home.
There are dogs everywhere and they are all strays? They lay on the sidewalk, on the side of the street, on the bridge...they are literally all over the place.

Okay, I think that's all of my facts for now..maybe I'll have more tomorrow! Thanks for reading!


 -Bethany

1 comment:

  1. I thought about leaving a comment, but Caitlin already thinks I'm being weird, so this is me not commenting... you're welcome! :D

    P.S. That sounds like an amazing day! You guys are having wayyy to much fun...

    ReplyDelete